How To Register as Doctor on telemedicine eSanjeevani and eSanjeevaniOPD complete user guide for doctors
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India has provisioned eSanjeevaniOPD – SAFE HOME OPD, a citizen-friendly web-based teleconsultation system that aims to provide healthcare services to patients through safe & structured video-based clinical consultations between a doctor in a hospital and a patient in the confines of his home.
eSanjeevaniOPD (esajneevaniopd.in) is a national onlineOPD service that enables patients to consult doctors. It is first of its kind patient-to-doctor telemedicine system that will serve as an National teleconsultation service. eSanjeevaniOPD has been developed and deployed by the Health Informatics & Electronics Division at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Mohali (Punjab). Please visit the eSanjeevaniOPD website for more information and to use the national teleconsultation service.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) is charged with the health policy in India. It is also responsible for all government programs relating to family planning in India. The ministry is composed of two departments: the Department of Health and Family Welfare and the Department of Health Research. eHealth Section of MoHFW is looking after national policies and implementations pertaining to eHealth initiatives of MoHFW.
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is the premier R&D organization of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). C-DAC is working on strengthening national technological capabilities in the context of global developments in the field and responding to change in the market need in selected foundation areas. As an institution for high-end Research and Development (R&D), C-DAC has been at the forefront of the Information Technology (IT) revolution, constantly building capacities in emerging/enabling technologies and innovating and leveraging its expertise, caliber, skill sets to develop and deploy IT products and solutions for different sectors of the economy, as per the mandate of its parent, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and other stakeholders including line ministries, funding agencies, collaborators, users and the market-place. Health Informatics Group at C-DAC’s centre in Mohali is one amongst the pioneers in eHealth/telemedicine technologies in Asia.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and the eSanjeevaniOPD team at C-DAC Mohali, urge you to stay home.
eSanjeevaniOPD at esanjeevaniopd.in is a web-based system and does not require an installation. eSanjeevaniOPD requires the following combination of hardware and software to function.
- A laptop or a desktop computer or a full-sized tablet with a camera, microphone and speakers that can run the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox
- For a full motion full colour video conferencing – 2mbps Internet connectivity
- A working mobile phone to send/receive OTPs by SMS
- Google Chrome version 79 or later
- Mozilla Firefox version 75 or later
- Note: The eSanjeevaniOPD website currently performs best when used on a Laptop/Tablet with a 720P or higher resolution.
- Note: Users must allow eSanjeevaniOPD access to the microphone and camera on the device that they wish to use.
eSanjeevaniOPD version 1.0 has been designed to be an extremely simple and easy-to-use telemedicine system that requires minimal effort from the user. Users must know how to use a browser and access a website to start using eSanjeevani.
Using eSanjeevaniOPD is a simple 4 step process to help patients get the consultation they need.
|1. Log in to the||2. View your||3. Acceot & join||4. Complete the|
|dashboard and||consultation and|
|eSanjeevaniOPD||the call and help|
|wait for patients||issue|
|using your mobile||the patients with|
|to call you for a||eprescription|
Step 1: Logging in or out of eSanjeevaniOPD
Logging in to eSanjeevaniOPD is a straightforward process. Refer to the following to log in:
- Visit https://esanjeevaniopd.in
- Click the Doctor Login button The Doctor Login dialog displays
- Enter your mobile number and click on Send OTP.
The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Log in to the eSanjeevaniOPD telemedicine service using your mobile number and the OTP received by you.
Once logged in, you will be able to view your dashboard and provide teleconsultation services to patients online.
Logging out of eSanjeevaniOPD is easy. To log out, just click the logout button on the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Using the eSanjeevaniOPD interface
eSanjeevaniOPD has been developed as a simple, yet robust tool that will empower both doctors and patients to interact with each other and help augment the existing health care delivery systems in the country.
The eSanjeevaniOPD landing page showcases doctor’s dashboard and the number of patients in waiting in the queue.
Using the National TeleConsultation Service Dashboard
Once you have successfully logged in, the eSanjeevaniOPD dashboard will display. On this screen will be able to view your consultation statistics that include:
- Completed teleconsultation count
- Total completed teleconsultation hours
- Average teleconsultation duration per patient
- Today’s teleconsultation count
- Today’s teleconsultation duration
- Today’s teleconsultation duration per patient etc
These statistics show you key performance indicators which will help you to figure out areas of service improvement and provide better facilities to the patients.
Checking the patient queue
The pane on the left has a simple interface that will showcase the number of patients currently waiting to get a consultation and a refresh button that enables you to get the current status of patients in waiting.
- If you have not received a call for a consultation for a while or if you believe the number
of patients in the queue stuck/not moving, kindly press the refresh button from the panel on the left.
Step 3: Accepting and joining a consultation request
Once you log in, patients will be able to see that a doctor is online. A Call Now button will be enabled at the patient’s end, which will allow them to initiate a call for consultation with you.
Accepting or rejecting a consultation request
Once a patient clicks the Call Now button, you will receive a prompt to accept or deny the consultation request.
Rejecting a consultation request
If you do not wish to accept the consultation request for any reason, click the Deny button. The patient will receive a message that the consultation request could not be completed and they will be put back in the patient queue.
- Note: Once you Deny a consultation request, other doctors (if available) can accept the patient’s request.
Accepting a consultation request
Once a consultation request has been accepted by you, the telemedicine session will be initiated.
You will now be able to perform the following tasks from this interface:
- Provide consultation to the patient via videoconference
- Chat with the patient using the Send a Message feature and receive image files (medical records) from the patients if required.
- View the patient demographics and history as shared by the patient
- View medical records uploaded by the patient
- Enter consultation details that include:
- Allergy information
- Details of examination performed
- Patient history
- Provisional diagnosis
- Generate a prescription for the patient including medication and dosage
- Notes or advice for the patient
- If you feel that patient’s window in VC is stuck for whatever reason, you can send the patient back to the queue at any stage by clicking the Back to queue
- Preview and send the prescription to the patient and end the consultation session.
Interacting with the patient using videoconferencing
Videoconferencing is an innovative way for doctors to consult with patients. Videoconferencing ensures that you are not exposed to infections while consulting with patients and you can examine patients in remote locations visually as well as interact with them.
Videoconferencing also helps staff at primary health centres in remote locations to get expert advice from specialists, while conducting a physical examination of the patient as per your directions.
During the videoconference session, you will be able to perform the following from the videoconference screen:
- Interact with the patient or the primary healthcare provider
- Send messages via chat and receive image files from patients
- Mute your microphone if needed
- Switch off your video to conserve bandwidth in case of slow internet connections
- Switch to full-screen mode for better visibility
Viewing information provided by the patient
Patients can provide information regarding their condition and any medical records that they might have through the eSanjeevaniOPD patient interface. You may also request this information from patients during the consultation.
The initial screen provides you access to patient demographics including their name, age, and the patient ID. along with the medical records of the patient (if any).
Adding allergy information
Adding information about any allergies that the patient may have can be performed from the Allergy section. Please note that this section is optional.
Adding an allergy listing
A SNOMED-CT enabled allergy listing is available in eSanjeevani.
Adding an allergy listing is a straightforward procedure in eSanjeevaniOPD. To add a listing:
- Typing the first few letters of the allergy described by the patient displays a list of possible options through a drop down menu. Choose the most appropriate allergy from this list.
- Add the other available options that include the duration of the allergy, if the patient is still suffering from the allergy and its severity.
- Add any notes if needed and click the Add button to add this entry.
- If you have added an entry by mistake or it contains an error, you can delete the entry by pressing the Delete button from the added list of allergies.
You can add multiple entries here if the patient suffers from more than one allergy.
Adding examination details
General examination details allow you to add general information. This interface allows doctors to select/deselect checkboxes to add general information including:
- History of Diabetes
- History of Smoking
- History of Alcohol use
You can also add general examination notes by typing them in the General Examination text box.
Adding patient examination details in eSanjeevaniOPD is a straightforward process. To add these details:
- Select the applicable option for your patient
- Add any general examination notes that you may wish to include.
Adding a provisional diagnosis
The Rx section allows you to add a provisional diagnosis (SNOMED CT listing) according to the examination of the patient, along with any required medication(s) and advice.
You have the following options in this section:
- Providing a provisional diagnosis along with advice for the patient without suggesting any medication.
- Providing a provisional diagnosis along with medication and advice for the patient.
The Provisional Diagnosis section is a SNOMED-CT powered listing that helps you type the first few characters of the condition or disease to choose the most appropriate option from the list.
To add a provisional diagnosis:
- Type the first few characters of the Provisional Diagnosis to choose the most appropriate option from the list displayed to you.
- Add your medical advice for the patient.
The Rx section allows you prescribe medication to the patient as per need. To prescribe medication to a patient:
- Type the first few characters of the medicine name or the generic salt
- Choose the most appropriate option from the list
- Add the dosage, duration and any notes
- Click the Add button to add the prescribed medication
- You can add multiple medicines if needed.
- You can remove a prescribed medication from the list by pressing the Delete
Previewing the prescription
The Preview button allows you to view the prescription before sending it to the patient and to make any corrections, if necessary. To preview the prescription, click the Preview button. The preview opens in a pop-up window. To close the preview, click outside the preview window area.
Sending the prescription to the patient and closing the telemedicine session
The final step in the eSanjeevaniOPD telemedicine/teleconsultation session is to send the prescription to the patient and close the session.
Once you have previewed the prescription and are satisfied with the included details, close the preview, and click the Send and Close Consultation button. This will end the telemedicine session and the prescription will be sent to the patient.
- If you feel that this patient would be assisted better by a specialist of a different department, you can add the patient back to the queue at any stage by clicking the Back to queue
You will now be able to consult other patients waiting in the queue.
Support, questions, comments and feedback
If you face any problems while using eSanjeevaniOPD or if you have any suggestions questions, comments or feedback, please visit contact page at esanjeevaniopd.in.
Suggestions & queries may be directed to the eSanjeevaniOPD team at:
Health Informatics & Electronics Division
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
A-34, Phase VIII, Industrial Area,
Mohali, Punjab 160071 INDIA
spsood [at] cdac [dot] in
This user guide is adaption from https://esanjeevani.com.
|online doctor consultation India|