Telemdicine Market in India, Views by Dr Gurushankar.
In an recent interview published on https://www.expresshealthcare.in/ of Dr Gurushankar (Chairman, Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre (MMHRC) , he talks about Telemedicine sector in India which is expected to be valued at $32 million in 2020
Here are excerpts of this interview.
- There are very few telemedicine apps available in India as of now ( We at telehealthtelemedicines.com also believes that India as a large market does not have many apps/softwars which can serve the market to its fullest )
- The Apps available are either provided dedicatedly by specific/respective hospital and common apps for all
- Telemedicine is a fast-emerging sector in India. As of FY 2016, it was valued at $15 million and is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20 per cent during FY 2016-20, reaching up to $32 million by 2020.
- So, the graph is definitely on an upward swing. Hospitals in rural India have good primary healthcare centres.
Telemedicine App and its related services provided by Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre (MMHRC)
- We been offering telemedicine services for more than a decade now, through our nine outreach centres in rural Tamil Nadu. We’ve now designed a sustainable model and will soon be launching it in the African countries, where access to specialist doctors is still a dream.
- Telemedicine and its usage is high in westen countries compared to India. One o the main reason or the same is rural connectivity via Internet. However the way private players are improving the connectivity and reducing the data cost per GB days are very near when rural telemedicine will pick up may be through hospitals providing such facility or may be through common apps.
- Meenakshi Misson Hospital and Research Center provides telemedicine facility with most experienced doctors in the field of medicine
- one-on-one psychiatry counselling to people specially for people suffering from mental stress and depression
- This service is available not only for people across India, but also by those in any part of the world.
- The telemedicine app launched by Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre (MMHRC) is witnessing daily patients registrations of 50-100.
- Major areas/cities from the patients coming are Surat , Malasiya , Muscat , Soon this app will be available in New Zealand and Africa.
- The most popular or common telemedicine consultations happening are pulmonology to dental, pediatrics, neurology and even hemato-oncology and radiation oncology.
- The charges of telemedicine consultation is nominal at Rs 500 for Indian patients and for patients from abroad , charges are just $10.
- Dr Gurushankar believes that the biggest barrier in rural India is language. Their apps is availale only in Englisgh language right now .
- Payment options are easy through digital wallets like Google Pay and Paytm but these apps would probably be of a higher utility for tier-II and tier-III cities. With low literacy rates in rural areas, even these models of payments can be an inhibiting factor. The ideal model in rural areas could be having apps with local languages that people can easily understand. Maybe, people in those areas can opt to take help of NGOs who can provide them access to this app.
Here are some more information on Meenakshi Misson Hospital & Research Center. – Madurai.
Website – http://mmhrc.in/
To book appointment for telemedicine consultation at Meenakshi Mission Hospital & Research Center- patients needs to visit website http://mmhrc.in/ and click on red button “ book appointment “ as shown below
When patient clicks on book appointment, new webpage will open up which looks like below
Social Profiles :
Meenakshi Misson Hospital & Research Center. – Madurai has wide spread social profiles to keep in touch with patients. They are on facebook , twitter Instagram and youtube
Here are profile links for reference
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMMHRC/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/OfficialMMHRC
Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/officialmmhrc/
Disclaimer : The information provided here is for informative/education purpose. Images are downloaded from website http://mmhrc.in/. We have tried to kept information accurate however we do not gurantee 100% accuracy. Do not take any decision on this information as it is for knowledge and reference purpose only. We do not take any responsibility of any loss, damages, health issues arise for any decision taken based on above information.